Sunday, October 19, 2008

Fall break is done...

whew... I made it through Fall Break! What a week it turned out to be. Lots went on this last week. Some good, some bad and some stuck in the middle there...


Good things.... Maddy turned ONE! She had an awesome party put on by her very proud mommy, MY sister Denise. She was the prettiest 1st birthday girl I've seen in about ..oh .. 8 years!! LOL Good job sister! You make me proud :o)


Bad things... I didn't get to lay around and be a bum like I had hoped... ROF Kidding...I hadn't really hoped for that. Seriously, a young girl from our town lost her mom this last week. She was a great lady who loved her family dearly and took part in the community. She'll be missed and I feel so sad for that teenage girl who is with out her best friend now.


In the middle things... Boog was the happiest he's been in awhile... makes me think him and school might not be the best things on the planet. We are going to give it a little more time though and see what happens. I made goodie bags for a pee wee football game and that was a mess. Look parents... just spare us all the hoopla over the 'goodie bags'.. do kids really need a special treat after every single freaking ball game?? uhh NO! How about a good ol' fashioned 'pat on the back' or 'job well done' with a hug and smile.. please..


So that's about all that went on... I still need to finish these tote bag purse things for BB's party on Friday... no idea if anyone is even coming and I really hate to make two more of them if the kids aren't even going to show up. If they do show up how cool to get a handmade bling'd out Hannah Montana purse full of all the girly girl things you could want.... think lip gloss, body glitter, sparkly wallet, hair majiggers... I'd be happy. Who knows though...kids now a days rarely even know what homemade is!


Tuesday morning I'm helping the headstart class make t-shirts for Halloween...another one of my brilliant ideas. It just amazes me how full of this stuff I can be... I way over do it. I mean it's 17 three & four year olds... ugh.


I have Girl Scouts on Tuesday afternoon, we are trying out a new meeting place...i'm VERY nervous about that. I've got to make cup cakes and decorate them since we didn't plan a Halloween party...ooopss been to busy and forgot about that. I'll surprise them with cupcakes & games after we do our badgework! Sounds good to me. Oh and I'm making chocolate dipped pretzel rods with Halloween sprinkles! mmmm yum


Right now I should be sleeping but I want to get some stuff done. Yes... like computer type stuff.... telling you about my week type stuff... lol


ok I have nothing else for you.. Here's my dinner menu for the week if anyone is interested..it's quick and easy and centers around LEFTOVERS!


Monday - Pioneer Womans 'Chicken Spaghetti'

Tuesday - Leftover 'Chicken Spaghetti' (her recipe makes a boat load so it's a 2 niter kid of meal)

Wednesday - Roast, carrots, taters & gravy

Thursday - 'Roast beef' sandwiches :o)

Friday - Savana's b-day party so I'll get to eat dinner at Santa Fe... everyone else (Brian and the big kids) will get to fend for themselves! haha


Goodnight everyone... let me find a good picture to leave you with!

0 comments:

 
Blogger Templates by Wishafriend.com