Sunday, July 27, 2008

I love to bake!




Most of you know this. I love to bake. I'll try just about anything if it's some kind of baked sweet yummy goodness. Today was zuchini bread, yes I made some a few weeks ago too!! Get over it! ROF Gpa BS (aka my FIL, Billy Sam) gave me some monster zuchinis. I had to make them into bread!


So here's the play by play! I'll post the recipe I used at the end in case anyone has any zuchinis laying around!


Here's a pic of the zuchini so you can see what I mean when I say 'monster'.



The ingredients:




The 'wet' ingredients blending together...


Next add the 'dry' stuff...carefully. This part can be messy.






The finished 'batter'... see the green from the zuchini? mmmm


Mini loaf pan.... borrowed this from my mom. I like the idea of these mini loaves because you get more 'edge' and the edge is my favorite part!



No pics 'in' the oven sorry!!

But here is the finished product and OMG it is delicious!

And here's the recipe I used. It's from AllRecipes.com

Moms Zuchini Bread

INGREDIENTS

3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
2 1/4 cups white sugar
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups grated zucchini
1 cup chopped walnuts

DIRECTIONS
Grease and flour two 8 x 4 inch pans. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
Sift flour, salt, baking powder, soda, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
Beat eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar together in a large bowl. Add sifted ingredients to the creamed mixture, and beat well. Stir in zucchini and nuts until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pans.
Bake for 40 to 60 minutes, or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes. Remove bread from pan, and completely cool.

1 comments:

Christina said...

Oh wow! Those were HUGE. Looks good. Make me some. ;)

 
Blogger Templates by Wishafriend.com